Ever had the horrifying experience where you desperately need to pee but the toilet is disgustingly dirty? You probably wished you could pee standing up, and guess what? Your prayers have been answered.
There’s a device that allows you to do that. It’s called the P-Mate, and is readily available online. Made of cardboard, it can be folded into a 3D shape that acts as a funnel so you can pee standing up with no leaks and no mess.
This is also great for when you’re on a camping trip and don’t want to squat behind some bushes, or for those with knee issues.
Here’s how to use it.
- Fold the P-Mate along the indented lines to create a funnel.
- Shift underwear to one side.
- Align the P-Mate so that the larger opening fits snugly against you. The smaller opening at the other end should point straight down towards the toilet. To aim better, straighten legs, tilt torso forward, and push hips back.
- The P-Mate is made of sturdy cardboard thick enough to prevent leaks. Like anything that’s not toilet paper, it has to be binned – not flushed.
For first timers, here are some handy tips
You will have one less hand free when you use P-mate. So make things easier for yourself by applying common sense:
- Have toilet paper ready in your other hand before you pee. Then you don’t have to struggle with it after.
- Skirts or dresses work better than pants, as you’ll have one less thing to straddle.
The P-Mate retails at US$6.99 (S$9.52) for a pack of five, and is available at Amazon.
Text: Clara How / Her World / October 2017
For similar stories, visit herworldplus.com.