There’s no denying that red lips are always hot and in trend but update it by giving it a K-Beauty twist. Taking our inspiration from Concept Korea as seen here on the model, create an ombre lip look in metallic finish. There are numerous possibilities with the colour combination – classic red + metallic orange on the inner lips or vice versa, or metallic red + orange, etc. Basically you can give your red lips a makeover in any way you like simply by switching up the pairing shade.
Get the look #1
- Outline the lips with a red lipstick. Soften the line with a lip brush.
- Coat the entire lips with the same red lipstick.
- Go over the centre (and inner side) of the mouth with a metallic orange to amplify your pout.
Get the look #2
- Fill the inner side of the mouth with your choice of lipstick.
- Purse your lips or use a lip brush to spread and feather the colour.
- Apply another lipstick shade on the outer side.
- Purse your lips several times to make sure the colours are spread evenly.
More from CLEO
Text: Cynthia Chew