Forget about the Korean “glass skin” trend. These days, it’s all about “mochi skin”, a trend that has taken the beauty world by storm. And with cult Japanese skincare brand Hada Labo’s revamped line of hydrating lotions, you can achieve that sought-after supple and bouncy skin in a flash.
The secret to “mochi skin” is hydration, and that’s why Hada Labo’s star ingredient is the ultra-moisturising hyaluronic acid, which features across its different lines of skincare products. Founded in 2004, Hada Labo also made its name by not adding any unnecessary fillers, additives and irritants such as fragrances, alcohol, colourants and mineral oils to its products—making them suitable for all skin types.
In an effort to provide more efficient and effective delivery of hydration to skin, Hada Labo has launched improved versions of its iconic Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion and Hydrating Lotion(Light), $22.90 each. Both are infused with the brand’s signature blend of four different types of hyaluronic acid (large, medium, super, and nano-HA) as this supposedly helps to penetrate the different layers of the skin.
When fully absorbed into the skin, the ability of hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture helps strengthen the skin’s barrier, maximise moisture retention across several layers, improve elasticity, as well as firm and soothe the complexion—all key factors that help you achieve velvety smooth and supple “mochi skin”.
To create the perfect canvas for smoother makeup application, Hada Labo recommends using its Hydrating Lotions to moisturise and prep your skin beforehand. That’s because no matter how proficient you may be in makeup, it’s all about the base.
Supple and well-hydrated skin is the perfect canvas for a flawless complexion. It ensures your makeup lasts and blends evenly with your skin. With the Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion, you can be one step closer to levelling up your skincare and makeup game, and achieving the “mochi skin” of your dreams.
5 Tips to Maximise Your Hado Labo Hydrating Lotion Experience
1. Ditch those cotton pads; it’s best to apply the Hydrating Lotion using your hands. Dispense an appropriate amount of the lotion (approximately the size of a 50 cent coin) onto your palms and gently pat your face in an upward motion. This is to promote absorption and help prevent skin sagging.
2. Don’t forget to apply the Hydrating Lotion to your neck, chest and other areas with dry skin such as the back of your hands and elbows.
3. If you have dehydrated skin that results in patchy makeup application, simply add a drop of Hydrating Lotion to your foundation for a smoother finish.
4. Need a midday perk-me-up? Mix one part of Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion with one part of water into a mist bottle, and spritz away to refresh your lackluster skin anytime, anywhere!
5. The Hydrating Lotion is most effective when skin is still damp, as damp skin absorbs moisture and locks it in for a longer time. For best results, apply the lotion shortly after cleansing to help prepare your skin for better absorption of other products in your skincare regime.
Hada Labo is available at Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, selected Fairprice stores, and major department stores.
– Brought to you by Hada Labo –