It’s RiRi’s birthday. She’s beautiful, smart and funny as hell – and also very gracefully irreverent. There’s lots to love about (and learn from) this unabashed bad gal, and in honour of her turning 28, here’s a look at 8 times she gave us #goals.
1. When she didn’t give a f**k who felt what
2. When she was a total queen in that dress at the 2015 Met Gala
3. When she showed us how to really do a clapback
4. When she downed shots during the recent Grammy Awards like it was the most natural thing to do there
5. When she shouted out love to family, which she does frequently
Captain of the ship….my grandfather #Bravo ! Such an inspiration to the 4 generations that came after you (so far) and as a result of you! It was “only” 61 years ago that you met my 17 year old grandma #Dolly and bought out her entire tray of mangoes, just so she didn’t have to work and could spend the rest of the day with you! The ship from Barbados that you worked on left you in Guyana that day!! I bless God for that day…. it was the beginning of many blessings to come! My whole existence depended on that very day! Your strength, love, prayers, discipline, sense of humor and STUBBORNNESS ?are just a few of the things we love about you, and why you’re truly our guardian angel sent to us from Heaven! I love you with all my heart, and I’m so happy that God spared you to see the 88th year of your life!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OG!!!
6. When she and Drake were #couplegoals… even if just for a while
7. When she got involved for good
8. When she showed us her human side
There’s no denying that Rihanna is pretty much perfection personified. Here’s to seeing much more of her.