Singaporeans love travelling – we mean, you can probably tell from the crowd at NATAS Fair. But when it comes to being a true jetsetter, you should always look your best. Sure, you can wear sweatpants and a hoodie, but you still have to keep it chic. How, you ask? Well, the trick is to choose the right materials and accessories. These celebrities show that they’re the ultimate fly girls by dressing to impress, without compromising on comfort.
1. Make a statement with your luggage, and make sure your outfit matches. CL rocked it in red, no doubt inspired by her Supreme Rimowa suitcase.
Image: CL’s Instagram
Try: Cabin bag, Fendi
Logomania just makes things POP.
Basic black? No, thanks. We’d rather see the colour revved up with a little help from LV’s iconic Damier print.
2. Kylie Jenner shows how denim can look good — even on board a private jet.
Image: Kylie Jenner’s Instagram
A perfect example of fashion meets function: balloon sleeves really make this denim jacket.
Be practical — avoid wearing skinny jeans that can hinder blood circulation in your legs.
3. The only option for hiding dark circles and puffy is a pair of sunglasses. Irene Kim shows how shades don’t have to overtake your whole face.
Image: Irene Kim’s Instagram
You’ll feel super-sweet in these retro, heart-shaped sunnies.
You can never go wrong with a pair of classic aviators.
4. Olivia Culpo shows how athleisure on a flight can be done right — in monochrome colours.
Image: Olivia Culpo’s Instagram
Try: Top, $34, Pomelo
A long-sleeved top with mesh detailing ensures you’ll be comfortable on a long-haul flight.
This pair of culottes is super versatile and matches well with other tops for the rest of your trip.
5. Take a style cue from the Kardashian-West clan with their utilitarian colour scheme.
Image: Kim Kardashian’s Instagram
Even if you’re in a hoodie, you can make a statement. Try this hoodie vest from Opening Ceremony featuring an elastic logo band at the bottom. So much #swag.
Camo on a skirt? Classic.
Text: Debby Kwong