When you’re cleaning the house, do you remember to disinfect your keyboard, mouse, and even the fridge handle? We chatted with Johnson Zhuo, paramedic turned owner of cleaning company Dream Sparkle and found out more about the little things we often overlook when we clean our home that are actually really crucial.
Here are some important key points you should take note of when cleaning:
- Make sure high touch areas are frequently cleaned and disinfected as an important precaution to lower the risk of infection.
- Follow cleaning product instructions for safe and effective use, including precautions you should take when applying the product, such as wearing gloves and making sure you have good ventilation.
- If a surface is dirty or stained, first clean it with soap or detergent and water. Then use a disinfectant product to wipe down the areas.
- Do not wipe cleaning solutions off as soon as you’ve applied it to a surface. Do allow some time for the disinfectant to stay wet on the surface for several minutes in order for it to be effective.
- Make sure to read the directions to make sure you’re using the products as recommended and to avoid damaging sensitive items such as mobile phones, furniture and other electronic devices. Consider using wipeable covers for electronics