If you’re always broke and looking for a way to earn more money, we might have found you the way. LINE was the first chat app to open their sticker store to the public and since then, it’s become quite a lucrative business, with no upfront costs other than your time. Want in? Here’s how to get started.
First things first, you’ll obviously need to register as a LINE creator. Then you’ll need to submit your stickers for review. This can take up to four months, so don’t make them too time-sensitive!
Half of the revenue earned will be transferred to your bank account – after the tech giants skim their 30 percent fee (pretty sure that’s why they can afford nap pods). LINE was the first chat app to open their sticker store to the public and since then, it’s become quite a lucrative business, with no upfront costs other than your time. Want in? Here’s how to get started.
Being creative is hard enough, but being commercially creative is next level. Here are some of LINE’s tips to walking the fine line:
- Create designs that will likely come up in conversations.
- Keep your designs simple – each should be easy to grasp at first glance.
- Stay away from illegal things like portraying underage drinking or smoking, or sexual or violent imagery.
- Don’t include any brand imagery as it may be seen as advertising. Obviously, no logos of WhatsApp, Facebook and the like!
- Use a limited colour palette to help keep within the file size limit.
FAN THE FAME
Now that your stickers are all sitting happily in the LINE store, you need to get the downloads. Start with the easy targets, aka your friends and family. When they use your stickers, their friends will see them, and you’ll build greater awareness. Now all you need to do is sit back and watch the money coming in!