Beauty and the Beast just got remade. Produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Mandeville Films, the movie stars Emma Watson, Ewan McGregor, and some other people whose faces you might know but names you don’t.
Not that it matters, because you’ve probably already made plans to catch it this weekend. Excited? Here’s 7 things to know about the show.
1) Ryan Gosling was supposed to play Beast
He turned it down to appear in La La Land, which we know recently swept up tons of awards.
2) Emma Watson was offered the lead role in La La Land
But turned it down to star in this film.
3) The same guy who scored the 1991 film scored this adaptation too
His name is Alan Menken. His notable works include those for The Little Mermaid (1989), Aladdin (1992), The Lion King (1994) and Pocahontas (1995).
4) Ewan McGregor struggled with the French accent
According to the actor, who plays the candelabra Lumiere, the hardest part about filming was getting his character’s French accent right. His wife of 20 years is French though.
5) The first teaser trailer was viewed 91.8 million times within the first 24 hours
This is the first teaser trailer of Beauty and the Beast to be the most viewed one in history. It beat the records of Star Wars: The Force Awakens (88 million) and Captain America: Civil War (61 million). both of which are Disney films too.
6) Emma Watson had a hard time not looking at her feet in one of the scenes
It was the ballroom one, and it was because co-star Dan Stevens was wearing steel-toed shoes. She was worried he would step on her feet.
7) Belle’s gown is quite a work of art
It required 3,000 feet of thread and over 12,000 designer-hours to complete. It’s also sequined with 2,160 Swaovski crystals.
Can’t get enough? Listen to the soundtrack here.
Image: /TPG Click Photos