DO NOT PROCEED IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED LAST NIGHT’S PREMIERE OF SEASON SEVEN OF GAME OF THRONES.
Anyway, last night’s season premiere of Game of Thrones!!! As a long-time fan of the HBO series, I’d say this is one of their strongest opening episodes. Not gonna lie – watching all the women of the show kick some serious a** made me really happy. Yay to more strong and powerful female characters! Let’s recount some of the highlights from last night’s episode, but first, to set the mood…
1. When Arya Stark came for House Frey and uttered these chilling parting words
2. When Lyanna Mormont gave this epic clapback #FeministIcon
3. When Cersei Lannister proved yet again that she’s a woman with amazing resilience
4. When Sansa Stark basically told Little Finger to STFU
5. When Ed Sheeran showed up in a cameo as… Westeros-y Ed Sheeran?
6. When The Hound was hilariously grumpy about man buns. Definitely didn’t see that one coming
7. When Jorah Mormont’s jump scare happened
8. When Daenerys Targaryen ended the episode with “Shall we begin?” YAAAAAAAAS KWEEN
Image: HBO Asia