After leaving fans confused and heartbroken over the controversy that broke out a few months ago, it seems Running Man will not be cancelled.

Officials told Korean media outlets that the programme will continue to air beyond February, and all six members will remain on the show.

Reports say that a new production team will be taking over, and will be headed by director Nam Sungyong, the first PD for the show. He reportedly apologised to the members repeatedly during a meeting. He said, “I am thankful to the Running Man members who made this difficult decision, and I will do my best to [produce] a more fun Running Man to repay the love of local and international fans who have been supporting us for the past seven years.”

More from CLEO:
Did Running Man’s Members Reveal All Their Secrets?
The Reason Why Running Man’s Lee Kwangsoo Cried On Stage
Latest K-Celeb Couple Breakup: Korean Actress IU Broke Up With Jang Kiha

Earlier this year, the programme received a lot of flak for axing Song Jihyo and Kim Jongkook with little or no prior notice. After a few days of controversy, they announced that they would be cancelling the show and would air the last episode in February.

Running Man has grown immensely popular not only in Korea, but also all around the world for its unique format, which sees celebrities competing and having to complete missions or tasks. The popularity of the show has resulted in a Chinese spin-off, Hurry Up, Brother, which started in October 2014.

The Korean variety show has seen a few changes to the line-up, with the latest being Kang Gary’s departure from the programme last year.

Running Man airs every Friday night at 11pm on ONE. ONE is available on Singtel TV Ch 513 & 604, StarHub TV Ch 124, 820 & 823.

Image: ONE