Being at home for days on end . Maybe you’re sick of dapao-ing the same meal from your nearby food court. Or maybe you’re sick of making the same 3 snacks.
So, why not try making this Milo Steamed Cake? It’s simple, delicious and you don’t even need an oven!
With just three ingredients, you can fix a sugar craving in a snap.
Ingredients (you may halve the portions like we did for a smaller cake):
- 2 cups Milo powder, add more if you want it extra chocolatey
- 2 large tablespoons of condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- Chocolate sauce or sprinkles (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend till smooth OR combine into a mixing bowl and mix till smooth
- Pour batter into a glass bowl and steam for one hour
- Pour chocolate sauce or sprinkles (optional) onto cake and serve
Cracks on the surface of the cake may appear, but it can be simply covered up with chocolate sauce or sprinkles. Our colleague said that it tastes a little like the breakfast cereal Koko Krunch, and has the texture of an egg pudding.
Try it for yourself and let us know how it turns out!
More from CLEO:
Working From Home? Whip Up Meals In 20 Minutes With These Healthy And Quick Recipes
Best Restaurants With Delivery Options That Let You Enjoy Quality Meals At Home
6 Sustainable Dining Restaurants In Singapore That Let You Indulge Guilt-free
With the circuit breaker measures in place, why not try out this simple Milo steamed cake for a quick and yummy treat? #circuitbreaker #Singapore #baking
Posted by AsiaOne on Thursday, 9 April 2020
Text: Melissa Goh / AsiaOne / April 2020
Additional text: Sally Manik